Wednesday, August 25, 2010

...Brain OVERLOAD...

...What a day...what a stinkin' day. Sorry, I know that is an odd way to start out my evenin' blog but I can't think of a better way to express myself. Let me explain. So, I started my new job, which I absolutely LOVE, but, just like any first day on the job, my brain is on overload. I have been given so much information in 8.5 hours that I can't even think straight. Wowzers! I came home, completely overwhelmed and beside myself and sat down at the table, spoon in hand and Oreo Heaven in front of me. You know what I mean by Oreo Heaven, don't ya? I'm not sure what it is called in it's correct form but that is my term for it. The No-Bake, whip together in 5 minutes, then chill in the fridge for 1 hour Oreo Heaven. (Who actually lets it chill for an hour anyways?) Well, that's what I sat down to. And I have to be honest with ya. I didn't scoop a small spoonful into a bowl. I pulled the whole dish outta the fridge and just dug in. I know you've done the same so don't try to sit there and deny it. It feels good to be completely honest sometimes, so go ahead, admit it.

Yeah, I know, "What does Oreo Heaven have to do with the chair picture?"...Well, I'll tell ya! This evenin' I have been completely no-braining it. Like, the thought of having to actually put forth any thought-effort just about sends me over the edge. So, I taught myself how to crochet, spent a little time working on a dishcloth, which ended up being a new chew toy for Zeek, got to thinking about doing some new decorating, and started surfing Craigslist. Don't judge! I am a married woman with 3 dogs on-a-budget-love-some-great-deals kind of a shopper. So I'm surfing craigslist, lookin for some new chairs for my foyer when it hits me. "I LOVE these antique chairs." So, I started searching for 'em and couldn't find them anywhere, at least not on craigslist. Ok, so long story short, Googled them and found this chair...at WALMART!!! Yeah...I know! I was super-D-dooper excited and had to share! Who knew?! I mean, don't get me wrong, I adore Walmart, and they typically end up getting about 3/4 of my paycheck, but I never expected to find this beauty there! And again, I have to be honest. Just to give you an idea of how fried my brain is, I had to pull up the Thesaurus and find a synonym for "love" to explain my affection for Walmart. I feel like I've used love too many times and there should be another word that works, although, at the time, I couldn't think of one, thus, Mr. Thesaurus...or I guess another explanation could be a Mooreism (a term or phrase used quite frequently by Beth Moore)..."Blonder than she pays to be."

There is a kinda sad, but not really that sad, ending to this story. The chair happens to be $359.00. Yeah! For real! So, unfortunately, after the 2 hour weeks worth of groceries trip , the running in really fast to get toilet paper but ended up spending WAY to much money trip, and the MAN, I forgot to get milk and eyeliner trip(which, by the way, also ended up spending way too much money) Walmart will not be getting $359.00 of my hard earned money on this darling antique chair...at least not this week anyways :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I have more of these days than I would like to admit, but you know this.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback...