Saturday, November 5, 2011

Saturday Mornin' Junkin'


I just love Saturday! Especially when I have absolutely NOTHING to do. Today I had planned to do a craft show from 10 until 4, but the show was outdoors. The wind was blowing like crazy, and it was only like 35 degrees at the starting time of the show. SO, I decided to sit this one out. That meant a free Saturday!

I had a chance to swing by Habitat and The Basement Flea Market...and boy am I glad! Both stops were very successful and I look forward to showing you project reveals in the future! I spent a lot of the day cleaning and listening to Christmas music and cooking , trying to finish up "An Apple a Day" on here....2 days left! But I did manage to take a little time to squeeze in a quick project... and I am ubber impressed with the outcome!


I found these keys at WalMart, and, if you haven't checked them out yet, their Christmas ornaments are really great this year. I paid $0 .97 for each of the keys, so let's just call it $3.00. The frame I bought a while back at Christian Ministries for $2.00. Oh, and the burlap I already had.


I found that little shelf today at habitat for $050. I'm sorry I didn't take a picture of it before the nice new coat of glossy black spray paint and a little sanding. Just trust me when I say that it was U-G-L-Y!




Total Cost: $5.50



I'm loving it! I know the keys are pretty hot right now. I've seen several framed pieces in Pottery Barn and Ballard Designs, both with prices STARTING at $80.00. Crazy, huh?!


So that's what I started out with. I had planned on painting the frame but the more I looked at it, the more it grew on me. So, I left it the blueish grey that it was. I like it!


I hot glued the burlap, allowing some of the white to show around the edges.


Then hot glued the keys in place. Oh, look, they say, "JOY." Ha, didn't notice that!

I just love these colors. They're so shabby chic! I'm hooked on burlap right now anyways, but the rustic keys and the slate blue really all work well together!

Alright, I'm beginning to ramble. Happy crafting!

Linking up to:






Domestically Speaking

5 comments:

  1. Love your key creation...looks wonderful with the burlap backing. The wall mount piece is wonderful as well. Great presentation. I have joined your followers list and invite you to join my followers list; as well,I hope you will grab a blog button. Hugs, Gayle
    http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gayle, thank you so much. I have joined your follower list, also, and just created a button. Feel free to grab it. Thanks again for your kind words. ~Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! Love these so much :)


    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty...I love this I idea...and the use of burlap behind the keys! you did a great job...thanks for sharing your talents :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great mix of thrifty materials! Thanks for linking up to the Burlap Month party at WhisperWood Cottage!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback...