Monday, August 20, 2012

What Makes My Heart Go Thump...




Well for starters, this little beauty...



This is how I brought her home... so full of potential...



All she needed was a little TLC and, well, some elbow grease...

First...I spray painted the cabinet white.  Once she was dry, I sanded her around the edges and I brought her inside and then out onto the deck where the real work was about to begin...

Second...I decided to sand the top before painting the design...I almost wanted to leave it halfway complete....so pretty!!



Third...I found a design that I couldn't live without from The Graphics Fairy website...If you have never checked out her site, you need to!  It will make your life a little easier...promise!! 


I blew the print up to a size that was as big as I needed, laid a piece of carbon copy behind the print, taped that sucker in place, and traced the print.  The picture below is really hard to see...but if you look good and close, you can see the transferred image.



Fourth...I painted the transferred image black and let the paint dry.



Fifth...Once the paint was dry, I sanded the image a bit, and then put a few coats of clear coat on top.  

I am absolutely IN LOVE with this piece.  I have to include several pictures of this beauty... Enjoy!





Doesn't she make your heart go thump?!?



"And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new...”" 
-Revelation 21:5






Featured Here:


Partied Here:

 Photobucket My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia The Girl Creative
  Photobucket  Furniture Feature Fridays












12 comments:

  1. Great transformation, you really improved that shutter cabinet with the paint and the graphic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this!!! Amazing transformation :) Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love love it! You have given that piece a new lease of life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes - this definitely makes my heart go thump!
    What a gorgeous transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks y'all! All of your comments are super sweet and continue to encourage me to keep doing the things I love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this re-do! That is my very favorite Graphic Fairy graphic ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is beautiful! And how nice that you did it by hand instead of that Silhouette machine that everyone's using these days. You should be proud! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always love the Graphic Fairy and it's a beautiful cabinet. I'm featuring it in the PoPP Spotlight this weekend. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful job on this cabinet! You did such a great job painting the image on the top!

    gail

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous cabinet. I love the Graphics Fairy, too. You really did such an excellent job with this graphic.


    P.S. Found you at the Power of Paint - I was going to pin your wonderful work, but found I already did!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank ya'll for your encouraging comments!! @Korrie- this is one of my favorites as well!! I loved your use of this graphic on your blog! @ Jen- I would love a Silhouette machine but DIY is free :)...and a Silhouette is not! @Maryann- THANK YOU SO MUCH! That is awesome and totally made my day...WEEK!! I so enjoy your blog! @Gail-thank you! Your blog is always a joy to read! @Jeannie- Thanks! And thanks for the pin! It is such a joy doing the things I love and inspiring others as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nicole....just sold your sweetie today!! YAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback...