Saturday, October 1, 2011

Happy October!

Today is the first day of my FAVORITE month...OCTOBER!!! And in celebration of this fabulous occasion, I made... drum roll please... Caramel Apples!! I have been collecting items for quite some time to make these delicious treats. I think this is the beginning of a lifelong tradition, and a beautiful friendship!








I have 2 small crock pots so I put a bag of caramels with 2 tablespoons of water in one, and in the other, I put half of a bag of white chocolate almond bark. I cooked them both on low and stirred about every 10 minutes until they were both creamy and melted...YUM!




While the caramel and the white chocolate were melting, I pulled down 3 plates ( do these look a little familiar? Junking Parte Uno - Habitat for Humanity...LOVE that place!), and filled them each with goodies. Whole pecans, one with crushed pecans, and one with cinnamon! Yep, I said cinnamon...






I ended up with 4 caramel apples. The first 2, I dipped in the crock pot with caramel, rolled in the chopped and whole pecans, then drizzled with melted dark chocolate. The other 2, I dipped in the caramel, let cool, then dipped in the white chocolate, then rolled in cinnamon. We call this the Apple Pie Caramel Apple! This one is by far, the bestest, most tastiest caramel apple in the world.




I had quite a bit of white chocolate and caramel left over, and you know that I work very hard at letting nothing go to waste. That meant caramel, white chocolate, dark chocolate, and cinnamon drizzled popcorn and white chocolate turtles...YES MA'AM! This also turned out to be wonderful!




Here's a picture of all of the goodies...So pretty! and so tasty too! They are displayed on the cake plates that I made from my yard sale and junking travels this morning! You'll be seeing a lot more of them in the future, and some tutorials, too!!







Happy October Ya'll!








Check it out! You can find this blog posted over at Someday Crafts!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback...