Saturday, October 1, 2011

A Project Reveal from Junking Parte Uno

Hopefully this picture looks familiar! I know I've already shown you several jewelry holders that I've made, but I wanted to make sure I stay true to my word when I say that I will show you completed projects from previous blogs. The project I'm revealing today originated back in September when I brought home this darling black frame. I found this at a basement flea market for $2.50.





It was really pretty black, but I thought it would look even better with a little more color. Mix things up a bit, ya know?! I found a real neat green color of spray paint at Wal-Mart...I thought it would be perfect for this frame so I bought it! Speaking of spray paint, I was reading a blog the other day and it mentioned that there are two types of people in the world, the kind that use spray paint and the kind that use a paint brush or roller. Well, when it comes to pieces of furniture or frames, I am a spray paint kinda girl! Sorry, I get off topic pretty easily when talking about things that make me happy... and in case you didn't know, spray paint makes me happy! Even ecstatic sometimes!



So, I coated the frame in green, let it dry, then stapled some chicken wire to the back of it, with a pretty brown zebra print behind the chicken wire and, voila, instant jewelry holder!





I think the colors on this thing rock! They just pop! And it is so convenient for earrings, sunglasses, pins, hair clips... all of those great accessories!



Domestically Speaking


I linked this project to Domestically Speaking 96th Power of Paint Party...check out the linky party!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback...