Monday, October 17, 2011

Rainy Fall Nights and Yummy Banana Bread



The aroma of sweet banana bread filling the SashtoTreasure Homestead always puts a large grin on my face. There's nothing like it. After a long day at work, a trip to the grocery, dinner, a couple loads of laundry, washing the dishes, and cleaning the kitchen, that scent seems to make all the chaos of daily living vanish.

Well, the chaos and the baking...that was yesterday. This evening, I reap the benefits. The house is quiet, except for the hum of the dryer and the sound of the keys as I type. The hubby is off in his deer stand, the dogs are resting, and it's just me, with a slice of day old banana nut bread, a cup of hot coffee, and a rainy fall evening. "sigh" Clarity.

So, I thought it would be nice of me to share my recipe with ya'll... and I have to give props to a dear friend for sharing this wonderful recipe with me a couple of years ago. It's become a favorite in our household... needless to say, browning bananas always get me excited!

You'll need a few ingredients:


I also include nuts, either walnuts or pecans, which ever I have on hand. And last night, I was completely out of vanilla, so...I left it out and added an extra banana!

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and grease your pan.

I start off with the bananas, sugar, eggs, and butter. I put those 4 ingredients in a bowl first and mix them together. I then add the Bisquick (sorry I misspelled it on my recipe card) and mix again. Lastly, I pour the teaspoon of vanilla (if I have any), shake in some cinnamon, and fold in the nuts, mixing one last time.

Pour all of this into your pan. Then sprinkle the top with brown sugar and cinnamon. Yum! This is what it will look like. I don't guess this picture is really beneficial but it sure is purdy!



Put your pan into the oven and set your timer for 1 hour. At around the 45 minute mark, I like to cover with a sheet of aluminum foil so that the top doesn't burn. Cook for another 15 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the loaf and the top is golden brown.

Lovely!


And you know I had to add a few pictures of the finished product in all its glory!



And another...




Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback...