Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Old Window Turned Weekly Organizer

Thought I would share with you a chalkboard weekly organizer. I'm working real hard to get organized and this is a great way to do just that...and they don't call me The Sash to Treasure Lady for nothin'...


This isn't exactly a picture step-by-step tutorial but I am going to include it in with my tutorials anyways...






I'm a little hooked on that chalkboard paint right now, especially since they carry it in spray paint form...I am crazy about some spray paint! I took one of my smaller 6 paned windows and wiped it down to clean it up a little since I leave them outside. I sanded each of the panes a bit, just so that the paint wouldn't have any trouble adhering to the glass, then I sprayed several coats of the chalkboard spray paint onto each of the panes. I guess it ended up being about 4 coats. Once the chalkboard paint was dry, I brought the window inside and painted the sash a glossy white.








I found a font that I liked on my computer and printed out each day of the week, combining Saturday and Sunday since there were only 6 panes. On the back of each printed piece of paper, I rubbed the paper with chalk. I then transferred each word to the pane by tracing over the word. With white paint, I painted each word onto the pane.










While I was waiting on Monday-Sunday to dry, I decided to make several cute little flowers with different beads, buttons, feathers, and fabric scraps, gluing them onto two of the corners once all of the paint was dry.







Don't you love this?! I thought it turned out wonderfully! I'm trying to figure out what I did before chalkboard paint. If you don't watch out, you may find my entire home coated in chalkboard paint. Oh man, how cool would it be to find an old clunker of a car and coat it with chalkboard paint...I'll have to work on that!





Domestically Speaking




I linked this project up with Domesticaly Speaking's 96th PoPP...go check it out and other neat projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback...