Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Shabby Chic Cupboard Frames

You know me and my large appreciation for turning old into new, so when I found some old cupboard doors, I knew exactly what I wanted to use them for, thanks to Stacie over at The Creative Crate. She has a fabulous tutorial for Cute Cupboard Frames that I stumbled upon. Be sure to go over and check it out.

Anyways, I thought I would share them with you. I started out with these cupboard doors from, you guessed it, Habitat! Man, the more I blog the more I realize how often I shop there! I may not build any of those Habitat Homes but I sure do contribute!

I found these beauties and I paid a whopping $0.50 each!




I spray painted them with an almond tan...LOVE some spray paint! Once they dried, I sanded the edges, then, with a paper towel, rubbed stain in the corners and around the edges, and then rubbed it off.

After the stain dried, I measured and drilled two holes in the top of the cupboard. You can see in the picture that there was already one hole drilled in each of the doors. Based on that one hole, I measured for the other hole, and that is where I did my drilling. That sounded really confusing. Sorry! Short version...I drilled some holes!

I had some brown ribbon laying around, so I don't count that cost into this project. Oh, and I also already had the spray paint and the stain. I threaded the ribbon through each hole and tied it into a pretty bow.


And a close up of one...ALMOST THERE...



I found a pack of 4 sliver magnetic clips in the office section of Wal-Mart, I think they were around $1.98. I used some E6000 glue, that stuff is pretty incredible by the way, and glued the clip onto the frame. And this was the end result...


And another...


And a close up...


I just think these are darling! LOVE them! And I am sure there will be several more to come! Oh, and they cost me a total of $2.98! That's probably the best part!



Domestically Speaking

3 comments:

  1. These are absolutely darling :) I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they great! And I think they would look fantastic in just about any color! I think I'll try a robin egg blue or slate blue next! Thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback...