Friday, November 4, 2011

An Apple A Day...Day 4

Day 4...Baked Apples

I hope I don't run out of apples...I still have 3 days left. Ya'll I am so proud of myself for doing this consecutively. I'm not saying that I am one who gives up and doesn't finish things but you know how hard it is being a woman today. Workin full time...errands...church....cleaning the house...cooking....cleaning the house... And I don't even have children. God bless all of you mothers out there. ANYWAYS...being so busy, it is really hard to keep something like this going, so I am proud that I have made it this far! I made a commitment to ya'll and by golly I'm gonna keep it! Not to mention the fact that these apples are too good to waste!


So here are the items you will need:

3 cups apples (about 3 medium sized apples will do the trick)
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup oatmeal
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup butter
1/3 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup water
Link
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees


First: Peel and slice the apples.




Second: Mix 1 tablespoon flour, sugar, and cinnamon.



Third: Mix the flour, sugar, and cinnamon mixture with the sliced apples.
...Mixing...





Fourth: Pour into a greased baking dish.

Fifth:
Mix remaining ingredients.

Sixth: Pour over apple mixture.

Seventh: Pour the water over the mixture and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, until the apples are golden and tender.




Ok...so let me be honest with you about this recipe.... It wasn't what I was expecting. But, I used the apples and didn't want to waste them, so... If I had it to do over again, I would have stopped after step four. I would have mixed about 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla with about a cup of water or apple juice and poured it on top of the apples and baked it. I would have left all of the topping off. But, you may like it. Maybe I'll try the other recipe and tell you how it turns out!

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback...