Sunday, June 10, 2012

Burlap Feed Sack Wreath


I *LOVE* how this wreath turned out!  This was a special order for a friend of mine.  I am sad to admit that she requested this several months back, but I have good reasoning behind this project taking so long.  There has been a shortage of natural colored burlap in North AND South Carolina.  I know, I was appalled, too!  I believe every WalMart, Michael's, AC Moore, and Hobby Lobby within a 100 mile radius of my home town and within 100 miles of North Myrtle Beach, SC either cannot keep it on their shelves, has it on back order, or somebody is lazy and has not placed a re order.  So after searching high and low, I wandered into a Tractor Supply.  Lo and behold...BURLAP FEED SACKS!   Just know that this was one happy girl!!

I don't know that this is a complete tutorial...but it is pretty simple and I wanted to share it with you.  Besides, this is to purdy to keep to myself!!

All you need is some burlap, or in my case 5 burlap feed sacks, a clothes hanger, hot glue and a glue gun, and a few polyester satin flowers.  I didn't include the tutorial for the flowers because there are so many other wonderful ones out there...why reinvent the wheel, right?  One of my favorites is over are Jones Design Company.  Click on the name and it will take you right over.


Jones Design Company

Go ahead, click on over, I'll wait....

Just cut your burlap or sacks into strips, approximately 4 inches wide, and then the length of your burlap.  Straighten out a clothes hanger and begin to thread your burlap onto the hanger, like an accordion, sort of (In boxes 1 and 2 of the above photos).  Once you have threaded all of your burlap, space it out, putting dabs of hot glue onto the hanger to keep the burlap in place.  Then shape into a circle form (box 3), twisting the ends of the clothes hangers together.  I like to form a loop so that I can use that to hang my wreath.  Then glue your flowers into place (boxes 4 and 5) and hang on your wall or door (box 6).  

You know I have to include lots of pictures....



I can't help it....it just photographs beautifully!

I am thrilled with the way this one turned out.



  I know this one is taken, but I am definitely gonna have to make one of these for yours truly!
      I Heart Nap Time  Photobucket    










4 comments:

  1. Beautiful burlap! Love it!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I really want to make one. Thank you for taking such lovely photographs and the excellent tutorial.

    Jess
    http://thedelightfulcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! It was to pretty not to share!!

      Delete

Feedback...