Thursday, January 10, 2013

An Old Pallet Finds A New Purpose

I love pallets...
They make wonderful canvases!


A very dear, sweet friend of mine had a precious baby girl.  She and I go way back, I'm talking in diapers way back...and that sweet little angel of hers deserved a gift from straight from my heart.

After talking with her sister, I learned that she was going with a bohemian theme and that she was kinda sweet on elephants.  I had the perfect plan in mind...

A Distressed Painted Pallet!



I have to be honest with you... Tearing apart an old pallet, or a new one for that matter...well, it ain't for sissies!  Thats for sure! Several blisters, some scratches, and a few outbursts later, I had seven purdy boards, ready for washing and dressing!


After fastening the boards together, I painted them white, and then sanded over the edges once it had dried.


After painting Mama and baby, I added some bohemian detail to Mama, and gave baby a cute little blue bird on her back.  



See, don't you love pallets now, too?  I have seen so many fantastic uses for them on Pinterest and all over the Internet... But there's not much like some old boards tacked together, painted, and distressed to make a one-of-a-kind piece of artwork.


My hope and prayer for this piece is that as baby girl grows up, this pallet will not only remind her of the love her Mama has for her and the special place she holds in her heart, but that she would not overlook what seems likw the ugly and the mundane...that her imagination will run wild, that she will dream big, and find beauty in the small things.

And as Mama passes by baby girls room, I pray her heart would catch a glimpse of the memories we shared, the great times we've had, and the blessings God has so graciously given.


...And that she, too, would continue to hear His whisper, "I love you, my little one."

Love you friend!

Featured:


Partied at:


 Photobucket  

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Allyson! I really enjoy checkin out the projects and recipes on your blog, too!

      Delete

Feedback...