Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Summertime Pork Sliders


I L-O-V-E me some summertime
Everything about it...
the food, the sunshine, the pool, the beach, bare feet,  fruit, gardens, and on and on and on.

When it comes to those hot "dog days" of summer, I tend to pull the crock pot out to keep from heating up my kitchen.  And I'm certain that this summer won't be any different.


  
We're in a new home, much larger than our previous, and after the chilling temperatures this winter and the extremely high power bills that followed, I'm looking to be as thrifty as possible when it comes to keeping the inside cool...at as low a cost as possible!

Without further adieu...  I give you Crock pot Pork Sliders

 

Depending on the size of your butt {boston butt that is}, it may need a little more or a little less time in the crock pot.  I believe this one in particular was almost 6 lbs... Harris Teeter had an unbeatable sale, .99 lb, so I had to stock up.  Anyways, this one was a 6 pounder and this was the time it took to cook.
Once it was good and done, I let it cook and then shredded it.

And here's that yummy slaw recipe:
I like to make this about an hour ahead and let it chill in the fridge before serving but for those of you with sensitive teeth, it's best to serve immediately.  It does store well for a few days though.

Now all you have to do is toast a few small rolls in the oven, add your pork and a spoonful or two of slaw, and whatever sides you desire and you're ready to eat a delicious meal!


Be looking for that broccoli salad recipe...


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback...