Friday, May 24, 2013

Pour it Out...

It's that time of the year...
...for endings and new beginnings...

I was recently contacted to make a custom canvas for a sweet girl graduating from college.  Her mama wanted something special, something she could hold on to, and something in her school colors {ie... Appalachain State University...Go Mountaineers!!!}

She requested Erma L Bombeck's quote,
"When I stand before God at the end of my life,
I would hope that I would not have a single bit
of talent left and could say,
"I used everything You gave me.""



This was a special project for me because this is a favorite quote of mine as well.  And a perfect reminder during this season of my life to serve Him with all my talents. 
You may be thinking, "Uh hum, excuse me but I don't have any talents."  Eh- Sorry, I don't believe it! You see, God has gifted each and every one of us with special talents, abilities, and spiritual gifts. 

 My great desire is that when I stand before His glorious presence {actually I don't believe I will be standing but flat on my face}, I will first thank Him for the sacrifice, grace, and love of Jesus, my righteousness, my light, and my salvation, and that I will then thank Him for each and every one of those talents, abilities, and gifts.  With them, I will have served Him and His dear children diligently and I poured them out, like a fragrant offering, and all for His glory.
I wanna make my Daddy proud!


Honestly, a lot of days I fail miserably. 

I mean sure, I would love to spend all of my days painting my little heart out, seeking and searching for new treasures to cover with God's Word, cooking new and delicious meals for the hungry, the broken, and the lonely, thrift store shopping to be a good steward of His financial provision, and doing lots of revamps with yard sale and thrift store finds to make my home cozier and more hospitable... who wouldn't? 

But the truth is, life happens... there's a 9-5 job, a house to clean, laundry to catch up on, a wonderful husband to spend time with, friends and family to visit, bills to pay, and meals to cook.  But I have to remember that it's in the normal, mundane, everyday "life happening" that God uses us.  And that when we fail, {I say when because it is bound to happen, we are human}, we thank Him for His grace and mercies, we dust ourselves off, stand back up, and, as Luke 17 says, put on our apron and get back to work serving.


So, I guess all I'm trying to say is pour it out... pour out your talents, pour out your love, pour out your prayers...just pour it all out. 

You won't regret it...

I promise.

Put your faith and trust in Him and pour out those talents, girlfriend!  There are friendships, and blessings, and opportunities waiting for  you!


 “When a servant comes in from plowing or taking care of sheep, does his master say, ‘Come in and eat with me’? No, he says, ‘Prepare my meal, put on your apron, and serve me while I eat. Then you can eat later.’ And does the master thank the servant for doing what he was told to do? Of course not. In the same way, when you obey me you should say, ‘We are unworthy servants who have simply done our duty.’”
-Luke 17:7-10



{Oh, if you like this canvas, it is available in my Etsy shop!  Be sure to check it out!  And I am always up for some custom orders...just give me a shout!}
Linking Up To:
Liz Marie Blog

6 comments:

  1. Good message in that quote and from you. I love the sign you created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Bible version are your painted verses from in your etsy shop? I don't see it referenced as many others do. Is there a purpose for leaving it off? Beautiful artwork by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I usually paint from the New International Version (NIV) or from the New Living Translation (NLT). I enjoy reading from all versions but those are 2 of my favorites. There is no purpose in leaving it off. Honestly, I hadn't even thought about including it but that is a great idea...Thanks for asking and mentioning this!! And thanks for your encouragement!!

      Nicole

      Delete
  3. Also, will you paint from any version?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to paint something in a different version than posted, or even a different verse or scripture. It's all about what speaks to and lifts you up. If there is anything I can help with or create for you, just contact me on my etsy shop! Again, thanks for your interest.

      Delete

Feedback...