Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Tea Cups and Easter



I have a guilty pleasure....I do!  Well, several of them actually, when I really think about it.  None of them are bad, though, or harmful to my health, or harmful to anyone else's health, either.  

Here, I'll give you a few examples... 
biscuits
burlap
pinterest
anything covered in moss
vintage linens
sweet tea
craft supplies ( that's a big one)
all things kitchen
southern isms
Ryan Gosling and those Hey Girl quotes (LOVE)




See, nothing TOO bad... But today, I want to confess one in particular, and maybe, by the end of this post, you'll be equally in love with it, as well. 

White dishes and pottery... 


That's it, there, I said it.  I LOVE it.  Something about it is so easy on the eyes.  It's clean, it's classy, it matches any color, and it goes with every season.  It looks great being displayed alone or as a collection.  

Personally, I just don't think you can go wrong when it comes to white dishes.


Every flea market, yard sale, junk pile, and retail store I end up in, I am always on the lookout for this stuff.  

I have white pitchers, all shapes and sizes, displayed on my kitchen cabinets, which you can catch a glimpse of here,  and I would love to have a collection of white plates hanging on the wall in my dining room but plaster isn't so forgiving when it comes to lots of tiny nails and screws (or knuckles).


Todays post isn't about just any set of white dishes, but of one piece in particular... 

WHITE TEA CUPS...

Charming, wouldn't you say?

I have been collecting white teacups for some time now, just waiting for the perfect idea to come along, and last week it finally did.  



Numbering everything is really "hot" right now, so why not number my teacups?  

It was super easy and turned out much cuter than I expected.

A black sharpie, tea cups, and a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes and you are ready to rock!  

I found several different fonts I liked and tried to mimic them, best I could.  I tried to transfer the image for easy tracing but all the bumps and the curvature of the cups didn't help my cause much.  So, I did what any D-I-Ying craft-a-holic would do....I eyeballed it!  Not too shabby of a job, if I do say so myself!


Now, wouldn't you expect to see these displayed beautifully in some Charleston style B&B, or being sipped from at a fancy, southern, tea party? (Sweet tea party!)

I think so..


Oh, and last but certainly not least...

the message on my chalkboard. 


The real message of Easter.... not bunnies, or colored eggs, or as my friends little one says, "CANDY"... no those are all great, but not worth celebrating...

The real message of Easter is that of a Lamb... perfect, spotless, and unblemished.  A Lamb who was led to the slaughter, died a cruel, ugly, humiliating death in my place, rose on the third day, and now sits at the right hand of the Father, daily interceding on my behalf...

It is the only reason I am able to live and breathe and put one foot in front of the other, because the Lord knows I couldn't do this life thing without Him...

He is Risen, Indeed.  Let Us Praise Him!


Featured @:

Photobucket A Jennuine Life Thrifty to Nifty Thursdays Feature 


Linking Up @:
  Katie's Nesting Spot A Jennuine Life Thrifty to Nifty Thursdays  Beyond The Picket Fence





Photobucket   The DIY'ers 

DIY Show Off

21 comments:

  1. Amen- what a great use of Facebook to be a witness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, I totally agree with you on white dishes. To me they are essential. I love your numbered tea cups. So cool. I also want to say an amen to your declaration of what Easter is all about. My life, no matter how blessed would not be worth living if Jesus wasn't in it and He died (and ROSE) to make that happen. Thanks for a wonderful post. God Bless. Love,Wanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wanda! Many blessings to you this Easter season and always.

      Delete
  3. The numbered tea cups are beautiful -- I agree you just can't go wrong with white dishes! Happy Easter :)
    - Lora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lora...they are a few of my favorite things! God Bless!

      Delete
  4. So cute! I did this to a cake plate awhile back. Loved getting to see your decorating style the other night! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for coming to the party! It was great seeing you! I almost didnt recognize you in this picture here, long hair! :)

      Delete
  5. Featuring this tonight - I love this idea!!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Stacey! Thank you so much! You have been such a blessing to me!!

      Delete
  6. I love all the cute "fontt" you used for your cups, they add such a fun whimsical touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie, I think Whimsical is the perfect word!! These were so much fun!

      Delete
  7. So cool! I’d love it if you’d link up to The DIY’ers link party. http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-diyers.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kayla! I just linked up! Love your blog, by the way!

      Delete
  8. Oh No! This is terrible! Now I have to start collecting white tea cups, because these are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they! I plan on adding to these! The good thing is you can find a beautiful teacup for 25 to 50 cents at a thrift store!! Thanks RIta~

      Delete
  9. I'm back to report my progress. I've found 18 assorted white/cups today for 25 cents each at the thrift store. In the dishwasher now. I'll try to freehand it! Yours look great. I assume its a regular Sharpie. Can't wait to try this.
    ~Rita

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rita~ You must know that your post has just made my day! How I wish we could have been thrifting together when you came across these!! I look forward to hearing about the outcome and seeing some pictures! {And I did use a regular Sharpie} Have a blessed day and good luck! They will turn out perfect...I just know it!!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  11. The informations are so lovely and so usefull so thank you very much. Be sure i will use all of them keeping in my mind.Have a goog luck.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback...