Monday, November 7, 2011

An Apple A Day...Day 7

Day 7...Waldorf Salad

Here is the final recipe for An Apple A Day. I'm all out of apples, but I still have tons of wonderful apple recipes I'd love to share. Hopefully you'll be seeing those and more in the future.

I had 2 Granny Smith apples left for today. What to do with 2 apple? WALDORF SALAD. You will see instructions and I apologize for some of the pictures, and the end result didn't look beautiful or anything, but it sure tasted good! Here goes...

Here are the items you will need:
between 1/4 and 1/2 cup mayonnaise
between 1 and 1 1/2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
1 apple; peeled, cored, and sliced
1 stalk celery
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup walnuts
salt and pepper

I'm sure you're noticing no celery or raisins. That's because I don't like raisins and I didn't have any celery. But I'm sure both would have made this recipe even better!

First: Mix mayonnaise and vinegar together. I gave the different amounts for both because if you use too much of the vinegar, the mix is too runny. And depending on the size of your apple, there may be too much mayonnaise. So just start mixing, a little here, a little there, until you get it to your desired consistency.


Second: Through in your chopped apple and 1/2 cup walnuts. *If you have celery and raisins, this is where you would mix them in as well.


Third: Mix together and add salt and pepper to taste. When I mixed all this together, I found that I had to much of the vinegar and mayonnaise mixture. So I took my other apple, peeled cored, and sliced it, and threw it in.
Spoon out onto a pretty little bowl with a lettuce leaf and there you have it. A cool, refreshing, quick, and easy dessert!


I hope you enjoyed An Apple a Day! Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback...