Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Frugal and Fantastic Dollar Store Creations

Today I wanted to share a "CHEAP" and easy project with you and I believe you are going to love it....I do! And the best part is that I found all of the supplies at the dollar store. We as women love dress-up, go ahead, admit it, that's a phase that I believe we never truly grow out of. And we also LOVE cheap! This wreath allows you to bring out that fun and playful side with the use of feather boas! I have no where to put this in my home, it matches absolutely nothing I have, but I don't care. I think it's fantastic!

So grab your keys, hop in your car, and run out to your local Dollar Store...I'll wait.................


You need:


wreath form (if you can't find a wreath, cut one out of a piece of cardboard or a cereal box)


2 or 3 feather boas


sparkly "Merry Christmas" sign


a handy dandy hot glue gun




Hot glue one end of the boa to the wreath and start wrapping it around. When you have finished one boa, glue the other end down and start wrapping the next one around. Wrap and glue until the wreath is covered. You can add more boas if you like to make it fuller.


Decide where you want your sign, then hot glue it in place. Ta daa! See...how hard was that! You can get creative...I also used red and white, ya know, for that candy cane effect!



Isn't that fun!! And here's another picture





And here's a picture of the original...





merry christmas ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback...