Thursday, December 8, 2011

Hope...

I am still somewhat afraid of the dark. Okay, a LOT afraid of the dark. When my husband is gone for the night, I do not sleep. I can hear everything, inside and outside, and the dogs can, too! I leave all the lights on, the TV blaring, and I usually spend the night on the couch.

But here is the funny part... if my husbands just working late, at a late night bible study, taking part in a youth lock-in, or just hanging out with his buddies...for whatever reason, if he is coming home that same night, even if it is 2 in the morning... I can rest peacefully. I have no anxiety about the night or what it may hold. I can go to my room, turn out all the lights, switch off the TV and sleep soundly. Sometimes... most of the time, I don't even hear him come in. I find that completely crazy...and amazing all at the same time.

I think life is, or at least can be, a lot like this. Psalm 4:8 says, "I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety." See, here's the thing. I can rest, I can find comfort in knowing that The Groom is returning. He promises His bride that He will come back. When the darkness settles in, the shadows start to creep up, when every bump and thud seems to be amplified, I can lie down and sleep in peace. Why you ask. The answer can be found in Psalm 62:5, "Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him." Because of this, I have hope. I have hope when I face trials, I have hope when the enemy comes against me, not if, when...I have hope in the valleys, I have hope on the mountain tops, I have hope when everything around me crumbles.

My Hope Comes From Him! Glory to God He has given me hope.

Without the hope of Jesus Christ, your life will be dark, restless, and lonely. You will search for rest but it will not come, but... if you are reading this and you are still breathing, there is still hope for you.

A hope that springs eternal! A hope that does not disappoint!

The truth is this...The Groom will return, soon and very soon, and when He does, He will take His bride with Him. John 14:1-3 says, “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."

If you know Him personally, that means He is returning for you, there is hope, you can "lie down and sleep in peace," but if you don't.... don't put it off any longer. Hear His call, respond to the hope that can be found in Him and Him alone. He is waiting for you!

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to stop by and say THANKS! I happened upon your blog through another crafting blog. I enjoy looking through your tutorials, projects and recipes. I look forward to trying a few! But the thing that has touched my heart the most is your obvious passion for Jesus Christ. Your words in Sep about living intentionally and your most recent post about our only hope being found through Jesus...I can relate so well to both. Thanks for being salt and light, for speaking truth, for shining brightly, for giving God all the glory. Your desire to please Him above all else is obvious. Thanks for your testimony. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback...