Sunday, November 13, 2011

PB Inspired Coffee Table

Here is another of my fabulous flips from Treasure Hunting. I am super excited with this one. I found this beauty at Christian Ministries for $10.00. I've been on the lookout for a new coffee table for quite some time now. This one just seemed to jump out at me. I new with a little work, it would look amazing!


I took the drawers out and painted all but the top an antique white. I've really fallen in love with this look lately. I've seen a lot of this in Pottery Barn catalogs and Ballard Designs. There stuff is beautiful, but DEFINITELY out of my price range!

So, here's the table in its second stage...all white except the top.


This is 2 coats. And they didn't have to be perfect because next I was sanding the edges and staining/antiquing... Once the paint dried, which only took about 15 minutes because of the nice cool, windy day we were blessed with, I sanded the corners and the edges, roughing it up a little bit. I then took a a paper towel, and rubbed stain on the table, taking a clean towel and wiping it off. I did this all around the table, going in the same direction with the stain, top to bottom. I hope you can see some of the detail in this picture below.



Oh, and I also took the knobs off, painted, sanded, and stained them, too. I put the drawers and and....Ehhhhhhh. Did not like.
Took the drawers out and painted the tops and edges with the white paint. Once they dried and sanded the edges, then rubbed stain on and off...and Voila!


I absolutely LOVE how this turned out. And I had all the paint and antiquing supplies already, so it only cost me $10.00!



Linking Up To:
Link Party




Cherished Treasures”=


The DIY Show Off

”Domestically

1 comment:

  1. Great job --- I love the look. Thank you for sharing!
    Blessings, Becky
    www.fromgentogen.com

    ReplyDelete

Feedback...