Monday, January 23, 2012

Cold and Dreary

So, the hubby called and told me to, "...get off my butt and blog!", and me being the obedient wife that I am... that is exactly what I am doing.  One problem though, the mind is pretty clear tonight, and by clear I mean B-L-A-N-K!  

It has been one of those nasty, rainy, cold January days.  The kind that makes you really consider calling in "sick," although I would never, ever do that!  All day I dreamt of coming home, putting on my jogging britches, and vegging out on the couch, but I haven't gotten there yet.  I can't really tell you what I've accomplished.  I did a little piddlin', made a few trips to the fridge, finding nothing that would suffice, settling for a big bucket of buttery popcorn, microwave-fresh, for dinner.  Surfed the web a little, walked back to the fridge, worked on a wreath for a bit, came close to burning myself with the hot glue gun...nothing at all!  How pitiful is this, huh?!  I haven't even logged in to drool over Pinterest.  

I did find some pretty neat pictures I've taken over the last couple of weeks though.  I guess I could share those with y'all.

This one was on my way to work the other morning.  Look at all those "river" gulls.  We can't call them seagulls because this isn't the sea but shhh, I don't think they have noticed.

  
A couple of weeks ago, the boys woke me up early to go outside.  When I saw the sky, I knew I couldn't go back to bed and miss the sunrise.  There will definitely be more of these to come!



This is Zeke's favorite spot. And I guess mine, too.  He loves to get as close to the edge as possible and just check out the water.  I guess it's the lab in him...not sure what my excuse is!


And I can't show one without the others. Vance and Deuce would get extremely jealous! These guys love to ride!


I realized with all the business and chaos of Christmas, y'all didn't get to see my tree.  Ain't it purdy!  

...And me and the boys around Mama Skinny's tree.  This is the unedited version.  Red eyes and all!  It is amazing that this one turned out so well.  They are such smart fellas!


And Zeke's photo op with the Christmas tree.  Mr. SashToTreasure feels pretty confident that this one will appear on a Christmas card next year.  We shall see.



Oh, this is a good one to end on.  This picture reminds me of a scripture in Matthew...
"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come."


I guess I'm gonna head back to the fridge again.  The popcorn's wearing off...time for some cereal!

Night y'all!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback...