Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday Mornings

Sunday Mornings... love them!  I get excited about waking up early, usually to the groan or nudge of our lab, letting me know it is time to rise and shine...and go outside of course.  Rolling out of my warm bed, waking up the 2 little chihuahuas, and putting all three of the boys on their leashes, while I try to throw on a coat, slide on my shoes, all the while not waking the hubby.  I love it when the cold January wind smacks me in the face, the sky radiates the dawning colors of the first half of ROY-G-BIV, and God's glory and grace just seems to envelop me.  To you, this may sound crazy...I mean who wants to get up, EARLY, out of a warm and toasty bed, because of the dog, and go outside in the cold?  I do!  

You see, to me it's the little things.  It's opening my eyes to all of the beauty and miracles that seem to dance around me every single day.  Being intentionally aware of the gift of life, of breath, of another day...and not just any other day, but a Sun day.  The sabbath.  The day of rest and rejuvenation.  A day to come together with other believers and worship an Almighty God, the lover of our soul.  That is so exciting to me.  

Oh, and breakfast...I love Sunday morning breakfast.  After bringing the boys back in, they climb back under the covers, and I get to go into the kitchen...Yes!  I turn on some Laura Story or Kare Jobe and let the magic begin!  Breakfast, such a wonderful creation.  There's just nothing like it.  

This morning, I decided to make pancakes...Who doesn't love some mouth-watering, muy delicioso pancakes?  And, being the lover of food and all things southern, especially hospitality, that I am,  I would love to have you all in my kitchen.  But since that's not feasible, I thought I would share the recipe with you.  

Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
 

Ingredients: 
 2 cups of Biscuik 
1 egg
1 1/3 cup of milk
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 tsp of vanilla extract
a dash or two of cinnamon
2 heaping tablespoons of apple butter

Directions:
Mix all the ingredients together and cook in lots of butter :)



For it was I, the LORD your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.   
Psalm 81:10


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback...