Saturday, January 21, 2012

My Happy Kitchen...

As the saying goes, "If a messy kitchen is a happy kitchen, then my kitchen is delirious!"  That seems to fit my home today.  I have fallen in love with Saturdays.  And as each one rolls around, I seem to fall in love a little more.  I love that I have nothing to do but clean ALL DAY...and once I'm done cleaning, cook.  And then...Clean.  Again.  Cook.  Clean.  Craft.  And Bible Study! 


Today has been a cold and rainy Saturday.  Clean home, coffee brewing, humming dryer, sleeping doggies.  And good, good food.  My favorite room is my kitchen, as of late.  I love to clean it and then mess it up.  Because a mess means...FOOD! 


The recipe that I'm gonna share with you today I found on Pinterest.  Although I would love to, I can't claim this recipe as my own, I didn't come up with it.  But I'm greatly appreciative of SixSistersStuff (sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com) These girls have an awesome page and some incredible recipes.  Be sure to check them out!

You can tell by the majority of recipes on this blog that I have a thing for apples.  But I have a small confession to make.  I don't like apple pie... I love the idea of apple pie, the smell, and the ice cream that is usually partnered with it, but I just can't make myself like it.  How sad, I know, it breaks my heart too, but I am working on it.  And it's not just apple pie...it's anything where the apples are cooked.  It's really just cooked fruit in general.
But. This. Recipe. Is. Delicious!
  
Lots of dough and butter and sugar and cinnamon and sweetness and just a little apple.  One word...YUM!


~Easy Bite Size Apple Pie~


 Ingredients:
1/2 cup of sugar 
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1 pkg refrigerated pie crust (2 sleeves)
3 tablespoons of melted butter
2 medium tarts apples, each cut into 8 wedges

Directions:
In a small bowl, combine the sugar and the cinnamon.  Set aside 1 tablespoon of the mixture.  On a lightly floured surface, unroll the pie crusts.  Brush with 2 tablespoons of the melted butter and sprinkle with remaining sugar and cinnamon mixture.

Cut each of the pie crusts into 1 inch strips.  There should be about 8 strips. Wrap each strip around each of the apple wedges, placing the sugared side of the crust against the apple.

Place the wrapped wedges on parchment paper lined baking sheet.  Brush the tops with the remaining  melted butter and sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon of sugar/cinnamon mixture that was set aside.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.  Serve warm.  Makes 16.

Optional Glaze:
3 3/4 cups of powdered sugar
1/4 tablespoon of salt
1/4 cup of milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/3 cup of softened butter

Mix the ingredients together and pour over top of the apple wedges once you pull them out of the oven.



I think that I like this recipe because the apples are still a little crunchy. 
Now, get up and go into your kitchen and make some for yourself.  You won't regret it!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback...