Thursday, April 19, 2012

Salmon Patties

 ...Fried Salmon Patties...
Wee Doggies!


Me and the hubs had a delicious supper the other night... to be honest, I've never cooked salmon patties before.  I know, I know, I'm a little embarrassed to  admit it.  Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE me some salmon patties, and so does the hubby (he informed me that salmon patties are one of his favorites...after 5 years of marriage, I never knew) but I've heard so many horrifying stories about the awful smell that they left behind in the kitchen.  I don't know about you but I work awfully hard trying to keep the house clean and tidy, and I spend a lot of time making sure my home smells lovely and inviting.  So the thought of a smelly fishy kitchen, well, that was enough to keep salmon patties off my dinner table.

The cupboards were running bare but the freezer was full.  Amongst a lot of other things, were a bag and a half of salmon.  I know typically, Grandma uses canned salmon, but all I had was fresh, well, frozen.  And I think this was the trick... NO SMELL!!!...and DELICIOUS.   Served up along side a plate of fried potatoes and a big ole' bubba cup of sweet ice tea, this was the perfect artery cloggin', colesterol boostin', slap yo' mama kinda meal!


This is a very simple, and easy, recipe, and will probably be served up at least once every 2 weeks in our lovely abode.  Thought I might share!...From my house to yours...


Ingredients:
6 small fillets of salmon, each about the size of your palm
3 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup-1 cup bread crumbs

Heat up some oil in your pan on medium-high heat.  Mix together all ingredients.  Patty out your salmon and place in hot oil, slowly, it spatters and the key word here is HOT!  Cook for about 1 to 2 minute on each side, or until golden brown.  

That's it...How easy was that?


I had to include these quick snapshots.  I had no idea the hubby was snappin' pictures of me chowing down.  Pretty funny!
 
Delicious...Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback...