Saturday, April 21, 2012

Strawberry Pickin'


I have an hour for lunch each day...and I work in SmallTown, USA, so there isn't a whole lot to do....especially for ONE HOUR.  Let's see, there's Dollar General, Family Dollar, the Hardware Store, a furniture store, Food Lion, and a few little shops here and there that may be closed today and opened tomorrow...until 2, or whenever they decide to go to lunch.  I'm not complaining... I LOVE this town, but when it comes to my lunch hour I have to get creative.  There is a Christian Ministries about 10 minutes down the road, and I spend at least 1, possibly 2, of my lunch hours there each week, finding trinkets and treasures of all sorts. 

 I always try to go on Monday, you know, to see what may have been brought in over the weekend, and this Monday yielded a super-D-duper piece of furniture, which I will definitely be blogging about later.  The purpose of this blog is to tell you about what I found when leaving Christian Ministries and heading back to work.  

At an intersection was a sign... Pick Your Own Strawberries...with an arrow.


  So yesterday, I decided to go check this place out.  A small adventure is a good description of the next hour.  I followed the signs, probably about 10 or 15 miles, into another county, over the river, past Honey Bee Lane and Cherry Tree Drive (road names like that are why I love living in the country!)...I was just about to turn around when I saw the sign....Piedmont Produce...


This place was so neat... Of course I had to take lots of pictures...



Strawberries are so photogenic! 



These are some of the SWEETEST strawberries I have ever eaten!


There were rows and rows!!  



This will definitely become a regular trip...and next time I hope the hubby can come along with me.






Aren't they pretty!





Hope to be posting several recipes soon.  



my bounty.... DELISH!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback...