Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Happy Mot"herb"s Day!!

MotHERBs Day Herb Garden

Happy late Mother's Day to all of you fantastic Super-women out there.  I wanted to wait and post this until everyone of my "Mama's" had received their gifts.  It seems that I do flowers every year, so this year was no different.  But I wanted it to be a useful gift and not just pretty to look at.  


I lucked out at Habitat and found several clay pots, around 13, for $5.00!!  I spray painted the top rims with chalkboard paint and decoupaged the bottom halves with old dictionary paper.  I also used an old cookie tin for one of the containers.  


While I was driving home from work, mulling all these ideas over in my head, the idea of using forks for garden markers came to me...and then, Mot"herb's" day...  This was my ahh-ha moment for the day...I must say that I was extremely proud of this play on words...  That is until I told the hubby about it... His response, "I don't get it".... Squash!!  Haha...  


Anyways... wanted to share these with you.  I loved them so much, I had a hard time parting with them.  Maybe I'll make myself a few pots!  Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback...