Monday, August 20, 2012

Who Knew You'd Get a Pear From a Bulb

 Welcome to Make-it-in-Minutes Monday, where I introduce a simple project that can be made in minutes, only take pennies from your pocketbook, and add oodles of oomph to your decor.


I found this on Pinterest a while back...Sorry, I don't know who to give credit to but know that I am not taking credit for the idea!!


So I found this wooden bowl on a stand that had so much potential at Habitat and I couldn't wait to get home and paint it (it was just plain wood before, I painted it black and roughed up the edges a bit).  Trying to decide what I would do with it, I couldn't help but think about these really cute jute wrapped "pears"...PERFECT!!


Here's what you will need and do...


Step 1...Gather your supplies!  You will need 3 old light bulbs, (I guess you could use new ones if you would like but I prefer to recycle), glue gun, jute or twin, a twig, paint, and a cute bowl.

Step 2...Begin hot gluing the twin to the light bulb...There is no right way to do this.  Just be careful not to burn the mess outta yourself with the hot glue...take it from someone who knows!!  

Step 3...continue gluing...

Step 4...At the very tip of the bulb, glue a small twig in place.

Step 5...Paint wooden bowl and once dry...sand around the edges...

And VOILA!

  
     
  
Aren't they a few beauties!!

     

I think these would be cute Christmas ornaments...a little glitter...hmmmm I'll have to work on that!!

     

I LOVE how these turned out.  I have to tell you a little story though...I had to go dumpster diving for these bulbs...no seriously!!  I threw away 3 bulbs about 2 days before and I had to go dig through the trash but I found 'em!!  I will now have a place to put old bulbs once they burn out...lesson learned!!

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."
-Galations 5:22-23

Photobucket
"/>


My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia  The Girl Creative
Photobucket


2 comments:

  1. These are so cute, and very NIFTY THRIFTY!! Thanks for sharing them at my party.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Featured you today!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete

Feedback...