Sunday, February 3, 2013

SuperBowl Delectables

My husband is a huge football fan.  So the Superbowl is always a big thing out our house.  Wings, nachos, dips, brownies...pretty much anything man food...must be readily available in this household on game day.

In preparation, I saw this cute idea for brownies on the Better Homes and Gardens website.  That's right, I used game day, Better Homes and Gardens, and cute in the same sentence (don't tell my husband). 





They were "super" easy, especially since I used boxed brownie mix... Ghiradelli...DOUBLE CHOCOLATE...boxed brownie mix to be exact.  The ONLY brownie mix.  Once you've had this brand of brownie, nothing else will ever suffice...except for Grandmas recipe, maybe, but it would be a close tie.

I just followed the instructions on the box for the brownies, baked them, then let them cool. 


Once they cooled, I dumped them out onto some wax paper and let them cool a little longer.  I didn't have a football shaped cookie cutter, so I had to use a little imagination.  A paper cup, two slits with a pair of scissors, and a piece of tape to hold my contraption together, and "Voila" the perfect football cookie cutter.  And, where the slits were, they left an opening that allowed me to stick my finger inside the cup to push the brownie cut-out out of the cup and onto the wax paper.  Ingenious, I know!!

Cut out the football shapes.  Once you've done this about 6 times, you'll run out of brownie. Just take the pieces left, squish together, and cut out a few more footballs.  Until all the brownies are used or you just feel the need to eat the scraps, you know, to make sure it's worthy of serving!


Don't be disappointed in me, I didn't make the icing either.  Just used Food Lion brand Cream Cheese icing.  Hey, if it ain't broke don't fix it!


I used about two spoonfuls of the icing, spooning them into a sandwich bag, sealing the bag, and cutting a tiny slit at the end of one of the corners of the sandwich bag.

Not a lot of talent is needed here.  Just the ability to make a straight line, that's it...well 6 straight lines.  So, squeeze the icing onto the brownie, making the lines on the football...


See...don't you agree that "cute" is a good word. 


Honey, if you're reading this, those are some of the manliest brownies I have ever seen.  Those brownies definitely had some mad swag!


1 comment:

Feedback...