Thursday, March 6, 2014

Bloggortunities and Easily Distracted

Confession time.



I have a slight problem.  Ok maybe it's bigger than "a slight."  Thing is, I am easily distracted.  Yeah, most people are, I get that.  But this is a little more serious. Let me just give you an example. 




This past Saturday, a friend and I threw a housewarming party for another one of our friends who recently moved into a new home.  I've got my To-Do List out with all the things I need to cook, prep work to complete, things to get together to take, yada yada yada.  I'm getting it done, too, checking things off.  I'm working hard to get it all squeezed in before time to leave with very little time for wasting. 
I decide that we need something else sweet, and by sweet I mean chocolate.  And by chocolate I mean brownies!  And yes, that means Ghirardelli, Duh! ... is there any other kind?   Goodness knows there's nothing better than a gooey, double chocolate Ghirardelli brownie.  And no, they don't pay me to advertise but I could totally be their spokeswoman!  I digress...

ANYWAYS, prep for the party and brownies. 
I had to bake them in my mini muffin pan because what would be cuter than little mini brownies on a two-tier cake plate?!  I'll tell you what would be cuter than little, mini brownies on a two-tier cake plate...

...little, mini brownies on a two-tier cake plate with sweet, springy DIY cupcake flags!
While the brownies are baking, I run upstairs to find some floral a brightly colored scrapbook paper, my paper cutter, and a glue stick. 
Chicken salad, check... ingredients for guacamole packed and ready to go, check...gifts wrapped, check...  The brownies are baking and I am cutting and gluing scrapbook paper to toothpicks.  I've got this!  Take that To-Do list!

Wait!  This is the perfect bloggortunity!  Where's my phone?  I've gotta take pictures of this and put it on the blog as a tutorial!  Ok, so now I have pictures, step by step.  Look how cute these flags are!.... Goodness I love the smell of brownies in the oven...
Wait....the Brownies!  In the oven!  Whew, they're not burnt.  Ok, a little crunchy but we can deal with it. You know what would make those crunchy brownies a little less crunchy and even more picture-perfect...frosting!  There, now for the final pictures. I'll just push everything out of the way.. all I need is a small clear space, with good sunlight.  The kitchen table...thats perfect!  And for a backdrop, um how about a white canvas, yes!  That will work!
Oh these pictures are gonna look so cute!  This post will be great to link up to spring linky parties....  these cupcake flags might even get me featured...What! What!

What? What?  Time to go?  Go where?...OH!  The housewarming party...I forgot!!


Please, somebody let me know I'm not alone!  Somebody please tell me that what should take you 5 or 10 minutes sometimes takes you 45 minutes to an hour.  Somebody out there has got to be as easily distracted as me!  I see you girl, with your hand up!  Thank you and bless your heart!
But hey, at least we never waste a good bloggortunity!

Oh, and enjoy the tutorial!


Another confession... I use the word "cute" way too often!

1 comment:

  1. Tip for quicker flags:
    Fold a whole sheet in half, glue all the way except a bit at the fold where the toothpick will go (leave room for the glue to spread a bit), press together, cut all the "V";s out of the bottom edge (opposing the fold), slice into strips between each "V" cut out (again leave a little space this time for the cutting blade), put a little glue on the toothpick, insert toothpick into folded edge, give it a little pinch, tah-dah - perfectly aligned effortless "v"'s and cute little flags! Aint that just sweet?

    ReplyDelete

Feedback...