Sunday, September 14, 2014

New Season

Hello world. It’s been quite a while…too long of a while, actually, and for that, my sincerest apologies. Life has been happening around here…both the glorious and the mundane, but nevertheless, God is good and has poured out His rich blessings in abundance on our little family. A new season is upon us, Autumn (my favorite), of course, but the beginning of a couple other seasons as well.


January will be blessing us with a precious baby boy, our first little bambino, and we couldn’t be more thrilled. After 7 ½ years of marriage and almost 11 years together, the time has come for two to become three. In the last 4 months, I have been more in awe of the Giver of Life than I could have imagined. With each passing day, from the awareness of this baby growing inside of me, to morning sickness, to first hearing his little heart beat, to finding out God was giving us a boy, to feeling his first movements, to watching my belly begin to grow, God has been more evident than ever before.


“For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother’s womb…My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be.” 
-Psalm 139: 13, 15-16

As I have prayed for this child, I have found such comfort in these verses to calm my new mommy heart... that God saw my little man's unformed body, that He has ordained his days, and He is busy knitting him together. God is such an amazing Father, and our constant prayer is to raise this little bundle of joy to know Him and love Him with every ounce of his being… for the God of the universe to be his one desire and passion.


Not only have I fallen so in love with this little man, but my heart swoons over his daddy. He has been so patient and tender with me, and trust me, there have been a few days here lately where patience is the last thing I deserved from him. I cannot wait to watch my man teach his son how to be a man, a gentleman, who loves God and respects his mama. Chivalry will not die as long as we have anything to do with it.

Because of this new season, another has been birthed… the renaming of Sash to Treasure. I have been praying for some time about a new name, whether it was necessary to change it or leave it the same. Old windows began a passion in me for painting and taking the old and giving it new life, but as time has passed, old windows have become less and less of my focus. I wanted a name that not only portrayed what I do but also what God has done for me. After months of praying and searching, God gave me the name Gloriously Restored… which I believe needs no explanation.

So, bear with me as the blog changes and I work to get the Etsy Shop changed over, along with email and all the other “business” stuff taken care of. I anticipate a glorious outcome… and maybe eventually I can quit my day job!

May God generously bless you and equip you, and may you marvel at the reality that in Him, you have been gloriously restored!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback...