Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Traveling...without ever leaving home...


 Traveling in the sense of a little piece of me visiting towns all over the US... through my painted scripture canvases and burlap flags. 

When it comes to crafting and blogging and painting and creating...
I'm ready to go all in...
...head first...
...I mean really, what do I have to lose?


In February, I took what I consider to be the first step in the right direction...

I "re-opened" my etsy shop...and so far...so good!

17 sales in 3 months...

This may seem small and minuscule to some of you big time bloggers and etsy shop owners, but for me, this makes me ecstatic!

I mean, Etsy is such a HUGE marketplace, the fact that 17 people would find me and be interested in the things I have painted just awes and humbles me.
I wanted to be able to see all the different places I had orders going so I decided to make a map so that I could pin these places. 
I had a canvas that was a "uh-oh"  and decided to cover it in burlap.  I then traced the US of A onto some pretty floral fabric, cut it out, and hot glued it to the canvas. 

Now each time I have an order, I just go and place a pin on the location.
Fun!
Hope you are finding yourself having a beautiful, blessed, and happy Tuesday!
Thoughts and prayers are with those affected by the horrific storms in Oklahoma.  God bless and be with you all.  May you find peace and comfort in He who brings forth beauty from the ashes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback...