Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Amish in the air... and a Seasons change

This post really has nothing to do with the Amish other than this one picture of Amish friendship bread ...well and the painted quilt square, a big 3 foot by 3 foot piece of plywood with "True Burgundy" and "Antique White" acrylic paint.   

This is what happens when you don't spray or grease a non-seasoned pan well enough.  It's ok, more for me and the hubby...with a cake (or bread) that looks like this, you don't have to share!!


My intentions for this post were to show you how well I can make a cake...HA... that sometimes, things don't turn out quite like you'd expect, and that when this happens, well, it's the inside that counts. In this case, the deliciousness of the Amish bread outweighed the presentation of the loaf itself.

And this Amish bread would lead into telling you about this lovely quilt square project, that took me way too long to complete, and to tell you about its sweet and gracious recipient.  

However, something else is weighing heavy on my heart and what kind of person would I be to deny being honest with all of you.


The title of this post is Amish in the air...



I would like to say that autumn is in the air, but down here in the South and the majority of the US, it is actually rather warm... a nice 90 degrees today in these parts.  Not that that's wrong or anything, I mean technically, it is still sweet summertime but I am beginning to yearn for autumn...

It happens to be a favorite season of mine.  I have all of my fall containers out and stacked high, but I can't seem to unpack them yet.  Other than a nice fall quote written on one of my chalkboards, a pumpkin sitting on my coffee table with a nice fall arrangement, and a garland of leaves draped across the piece of furniture in my foyer, I just can't seem to get there yet...

 wherever there is.


I need a cool, brisk morning...maybe break out some Pumpkin Spice creamer, fling the windows open wide, and let Fall dance it's way into each and every nook and cranny in my home.

Yeah, that would do it...maybe...


But really, I think I'm longing for fall because I desire a change of pace

... a new season... 

To not only fling open the windows of my home, but also the windows of my soul.  Let the cool breezes blow into the depths of my being.


...renewal, rejuvenation, regeneration, reformation...

...revival...


...an awakening...

yeah, that's what I long for...

God Almighty, the Most High God, the Everlasting God, the Creator of heaven and earth, the Most Holy One, the God who sees me,  my Provider, my Banner, my Peace, my Healer, my Shepherd, the lifter of my head...

I yearn for Him...

that He might usher in a new season in my life.


 As the seasons change and the dry, hot, heat of summer transitions into a spectacular display of color and a refreshing drop in temperature, pray along with me that the One who instituted seasons would not only bring about renewal and revival in our own individual lives but also in the lives of those around us.

Revive me, most Gracious One.



Praise the Lord.

Praise God in his sanctuary;    
praise him in his mighty heavens.
Praise him for his acts of power; 
 praise him for his surpassing greatness.
Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
praise him with the harp and lyre,
praise him with timbrel and dancing,
 praise him with the strings and pipes,
praise him with the clash of cymbals,
praise him with resounding cymbals.
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.

Praise the Lord.

-Psalm 150


Linking Up To:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback...