Friday, November 6, 2015

A Little Heart-to-Heart over Coffee

  Goodness, I have missed you friend!  It's been a long 5 months and SO much has happened.  Little man is down for his morning snooze so I figured a little chat with you over coffee would be nice...we have some catching up to do!  If you were sitting with me right now, well, I'd be a little embarrassed.  Toys are everywhere, I'm still in my pj's, hairs a mess, and I haven't gotten around to brushing my teeth yet, but I would sure love your company.  For your sake, it's probably best that you are only reading this.  

  Where do we start.  I guess I can bring you up to date on all of the changes going on with our growing boy.  Our last chat was in May...I'm so sorry.  Bless you for being so patient with me, with my rants and whining, and for bearing with me in my sporadic posts.  May was a rough month and June, July, August, and September were pretty hard as well.  You've heard of Sleepless in Seattle, well June and July were Sleepless in North Carolina.  Teething and desiring to crawl and trying new foods kicked our backsides, along with a few other changes we weren't yet aware of.  But, we survived. 


July 24, I found out I was about 6 weeks pregnant with bear cub #2.  A total surprise.  I haven't written about this because it took a few months for the Lord to steady my heart with this news.  It took 7 months for us to become pregnant with our first little bear, which, at the time, seemed like an eternity.  So the surprise of a 2nd pregnancy with a 7 month old who was sleeping only an hour at a time and this mama who was getting about 4 hours of sleep a night was almost too much.  I'll tell you more about this later, in another conversation.  I know that was a season God brought me through with the intentions of encouraging others, so that is exactly what I will do!

  August was little mans first cold...he lost his appetite (I later found out that my milk supply was drastically decreasing) and a little weight which worried this mama sick.  No worries though, his appetite came back with a vengeance.  He is eating everything in sight now.  It's time to clean out the closets, so I can hide in them and eat without having to share of course! September was a trying month due to this mamas exhaustion and nausea. Emotions were running high with crazy pregnancy hormones and little bear crawling and getting in to everything.  The end of September, a week before little bear turned 9 months, I had to stop nursing.  My heart was broken because I so enjoyed the time and sweet bond I was able to share with my baby.  But the Lord had been giving me a month to prepare my heart for this "last time."  I was thankful to have had the ability to nurse for 9 months!  It's all about perspective y'all.

  And then came October... oh,sweet October, you never let me down.  October was a precious month, full of busyness and crawling and pulling up and getting in to everything and eating everything and joy.  And SLEEP!  Yay sleep!  Long naps during the day and all nighters, praise you Jesus, the giver of sweet sleep! And singing, he loves to sing along with mama, daddy, and the radio.  Christmas songs are his favorite, yes I have been playing and singing Christmas music, you haven't?  Oh Holy Night is his favorite, along with Silent Night and anything by Needtobreathe.

  November came in with a nasty little left hook with this time change mess.  I would like to have a little heart-to-heart with the initiator of Daylight Savings time. It would go something like, "What were you thinking?  Don't you know I have a baby who is just getting into a nice little sleep routine and here you are, making big decisions that totally rock his little world.  The sun is coming up earlier so he thinks it's time to get up and play at 4 am.  Mama is not ready to play at 4 am by the way...and by 6 pm, he can barely keep his eyes open."  Good grief.  It's OK though, we're getting back on track.

  So that's the quick version of the little man's last 5 months.  So what's new with me and the hubs and this little small town?  Well, pregnancy of course, which we found out 2 weeks ago is another little boy!  We now have a Hobby Lobby, TJ Maxx is opening this weekend and Ross is coming soon!  Yep, I'm in trouble.  Oh, and we have a Starbucks and a food truck! Watch out now!  Pioneer Women is selling her kitchen line at WalMart and I am smitten with it.  I'm gonna have to kick Etsy into overdrive to afford all these exciting new stores and lines.  

  My husband and I, along with another couple who we're super dear friends with have started a coffee roasting business...Fifth and Montgomery Coffee Roasting Co.  Be sure to show us some love on Facebook and you can get your orders in on Etsy!  We kicked off our business venture with a taste testing in September with several of our close friends.  It was a huge hit!

  That night we had quite a scare, though, ending up in the emergency room with complications with this pregnancy.  Baby was and is fine, just a terrifying moment assuming the worst but trusting in God for the best.  This put me out of commission for a few weeks, resting and taking care of myself, which put everything else on hold, like Etsy orders and Craft Show prep.  I decided to close the Shop for the month of October, to put my nose to the grindstone for Stanfield's show, which is next weekend by the way.  I have been kicking into high gear with Christmas prep!.  I opened the shop back up Sunday and I'm in the process of updating it with lots of new designs.  My dining room table has become my work bench, and yes honey, I have a craft room but it is so nice to have that big table to stretch everything out on!  No worries, after next weekend, I'll move everything back upstairs.  Did I mention next weekend is the big show in Stanfield!  Can't wait for that one! Oh, and Fifth and Montgomery will be there, too!

  Oh, and another dear sister in Christ asked me to create hand lettered designs for their main t-shirt line, Arrow Baby and Arrow Mama.  They also have sweatshirts and totes!  Be sure to show them some love on Instagram and Facebook, as well.  Oh and you can get your orders of those sweet screen printed tees from their shop, Arrow Baby.  They would be perfect Christmas gifts or you would be the talk of the baby shower with one of their adorable shirts for the little one on its way!
   I guess you can say I have been pretty busy...and I am loving most every minute of it.  The house is full of giggles and squeals, the smell of coffee roasting, and the scent of fall is in the air.  I am so blessed!  That's pretty much life as of late in a nut shell.  Sorry to talk your head off.  You'll be hearing from me very soon!  Like I said, I have lots of new projects to share along with stories of how the Lord has been so faithful.  He has definitely been growing and stretching and refining me!  Job 23:10 says, ""But he knows where I am going. And when he tests me, I will come out as pure as gold."  Love you dear friend and our little coffee chat...we'll have to do this more often.

  Oh, and I got a dishwasher!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback...