Saturday, November 5, 2011

An Apple A Day...Day 5


Day 5...Baked Apples Take 2

I wasn't too thrilled with yesterdays baked apples. It wasn't what I was expecting. I thought I would go with a second attempt...and they were tasty enough to make it into Day 5 of An Apple a Day...


Here are the items you will need:
5 apples
1/4 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup warm water
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla


Preheat oven to 350 degrees


First: Peel the apples.


Second: Slice the apples and pour them into a baking dish that has a lid that can also go in the oven.


Third: Mix the remaining ingredients together in a separate bowl.


Fourth: Pour the mixture over the sliced apples. Stir.

Fifth: Put the lid on your baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes. At 35 minutes, I pulled the dish out of the oven, stirred the apples and baked for another 10 minutes...until the apples were tender.


OH MY GOODNESS!! If only you could smell these...they smell like Christmas morning!


Now...this is more like it! These are what I like to call Baked Apples!


Muy Delicioso!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback...