Monday, June 11, 2012

Psalm 4


Lord, hear me when I cry out to you.  I am righteous only because of You and what You have done for me.  You are the great Judge, nothing gets by You.  Yet when You see me, I am innocent, by the blood of the Lamb, I have been made innocent.  Deliver me from the hands of those who despise me, free me from those whose desire is to see me destroyed.  Father, please hear me and I pray that You will rain down Your mercies. 


I just want to know, how much longer these people are going to try and bring me shame?  How long are they going to continue to accuse me of something with no grounds to prove it?  How long with the tell lies about me?  How much longer, Lord?  I know, I know, You have made promises to me, Father, and if You made a promise, I can cling to it because I know that You cannot go against Your word.  Thank You for the reminder, that You have set me apart.  Lord, when I call out to You, You will always answer.  The timing may seem imperfect for me, but You are always on time.


And I proclaim to those of you who may be reading this, suffering through the same trials in your life, I know how easy it is to become angry with this old world, with those who would love nothing better than to see you fail, but please, do not let anger control you.  To do this would be sinning, and if your anger causes you to sin because of them, then they have defeated you.  Instead, think about everything you have experienced.  Mull it over through the night and just keep your mouth shut.  Cry out to the Lord, and remember what He has done for You.  You were once His enemy.  And now, because of the salvation you have experienced through Jesus Christ, because of the punishment He took for you on that cross, get your mind back in focus with God.  Offer to Him your best and then trust Him with it.  TRUST GOD!


Father, there are a lot of people who question Your goodness, but I pray that You will let Your goodness and Your mercy and Your favor shine down upon us.  I have such a joy in You, and it is greater than any abundance of wealth or harvest or prosperity.  I know that all the things that I have in my life are blessings that have been showered down from You alone, but even greater than those blessings is the joy that I am filled with when I consider the love You have for me.  Because of this overflowing joy, I know that I can trust You to handle all of my affairs.  I know that I can lay down and sleep, peacefully, even when it seems that the world is raging around me, because You and only You are my protector, Jehovah Rohi.  Lord You are my Shepherd, and You will forever keep watch over me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback...