Friday, June 8, 2012

Psalm 1



If I choose to stay away from those who are against You, who are always sinning, and who think they are high and mighty, I will be fortunate and highly favored by You.  Instead, I will spend my time delighting in the ways and the Word of the Lord, reading it, studying it, and praying over it night and day.  When I live my life in such a way as this, I will be like a tree that is planted along the edge of a river bank, where the waters never dry up; With big ole branches that stretch out wide and roots that run deep, bearing ripe and juicy fruit when it's time for the harvest, my leaves always green and in full bloom; whatever I do, I will not fail, I will thrive and flourish.  

But Lord, those who are against You, are like withered and dried up leaves that are blown away by the slightest puff of wind.  They have nothing to stand on when it comes time for the judgement, and neither do sinners when they are in the presence of those who delight in Your ways, those who are in right standing with you.  Lord, You have prepared a way for me, but those who hate You, they will surely be destroyed.


Today, you have a choice.  You can choose to enjoy the world and it's ways or you can choose to delight in the One and His ways... 


"Choose this day whom you will serve.  As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
Joshua 24:15



1 comment:

  1. Psalm 1

    1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

    2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

    3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

    4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

    5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

    6 For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback...