Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Psalm 5

Lord, I know You hear me, but how quickly I forget.  God, can I just ask You to consider what I have to say?  Please, please hear me, I'm crying out for You, Lord, please help me.  King of kings and Lord of lords, that is who You are, Father, and it is to You and only You that I pray.


Thank You, Lord, for hearing me, for listening, I mean really listening.  First thing in the morning I lay my concerns at Your feet, and Lord, if I have to, I will wait all day.  I would love nothing more than to spend my days at the feet of my dear, sweet Savior, waiting expectantly, hanging on Your every word.  God, wickedness is not where You find pleasure, you are simply not amused by it; and in You, no evil can exist.  Lord, those who boast in themselves, those who are self righteous, they have no place in Your presence.  You despise all who do wrong, especially liars, they will be destroyed.  You hate savage, ruthless, and two-faced people.  Lord, because I am born into sin, I am all of these, but by the cleansing blood of Your Son, by Your abundant grace, mercy, and love, I am able to come into Your house...I come before You and all I can do is fall face down before you, prostrate, in Your holy presence.


Lord, because of those who hate me, lead me in Your righteousness.  Show me the way to go, make the path before me abundantly clear.  Nothing that they say is believable because they are bitter and vengeful, their heart is filled with no good thing.  They are liars and their mouths will be the death of them.  Pronounce and proclaim that they are guilty, Lord, and let there schemes be their downfall.  God destroy them because they are sinners, Lord, they are sinning against You, they have rebelled against You!!  But, Father, for those of us who make You our fortress, who are obedient to the life You call us to lead, we can shout for joy, we can sing to the top of our lungs with excitement and anticipation, because You are our sanctuary.  We were once those evil doers, but we have seen the great light of Your love, and yielded our whole beings to You.  Please protect us God, hide us in the cleft of Your rock, so that we can safely celebrate what You have done for us.


Lord, I know you will bless those who are in right standing with You, and just like a shield, You will surround  them with Your favor.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback...