Monday, June 11, 2012

Make-it-in-Minutes Monday

 Welcome to Make-it-in-Minutes Monday, where I introduce a simple project that can be made in minutes, only take pennies from your pocketbook, and add oodles of oomph to your decor.  This post will actually be the first in this series.


Today, I'm gonna show you a project so simple that you'll be thinking, "Why didn't I think of that?"  


This project is a do-it-yourself hurricane.  These things can be SO expensive.  All you need is a candleholder, a glass hurricane, and E-6000. 



For this project, I only have $3.50 in it.  I am always on the search for candleholders of all shapes and sizes and glass hurricanes.  I happened across this candleholder at Christian Ministries and the hurricane I found at World Market.  Typically, I would have painted the candleholder but this one was already white and a little distressed...
This is a one step project.  Squeeze glue around the top rim of your candleholder and then place your glass hurricane on top.  Allow to sit for several hours so that the glue sticks.  And voila!


Isn't she a beauty!! Easy on the eyes...and on the wallet!!


If this book page wreath catches your fancy, you can find a tutorial for it by clicking here.


If you have any simple and inexpensive projects, please feel free to share!!


Photobucket


1 comment:

  1. Looks so pretty!
    Thanks for linking up this week!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete

Feedback...