Friday, October 18, 2013

Fall Table Decor and a Pumpkin Makeover


 

I am just in love with PicMonkey...is anyone else?  They just have some really neat editing features...  Above I used the posterize effect for my front porch vignette... How cute?!   And yes, those are Pottery Barn pumpkins...$10.00 at a yard sale for the both of them!!! SCORE! I'll be doing a post shortly to show you more of my cute little front porch all dressed up for autumn...
 
But today I wanted to show you my dining room table decor.
 
I am still holding out on purchasing any of those beautiful Cinderella pumpkins or gnarly gourds...I've just about talked my self into spending a little bit of cash on them though.  Hoping to check out the local farmers market tomorrow.
 
  Up until now, I've gone with the faux pumpkin.  I mean, it won't mold or rot and I can use it year after year.  And if I get tired of the color, I can just repaint it!
 
 
I found a few at WalMart for $4.96.  I didn't take any pictures of the painting process but there are lots of lovely tutorials floating around on Pinterest and other fantastic blogs.
 
I just painted the entire pumpkin {Dove Gray by Folkart} and once the paint was dry, I rubbed some Dark Walnut stain in the cracks and around the stem.


I'm really into the more neutral fall colors this year so I was thrilled with the way this pumpkin turned out.
 

 

 
I'm really stuggling with my dining room right now.  It's so dark and drab.  I'm hoping to lighten it up with a new coat of paint and maybe I'll finally get around to hanging a few things on the walls...and I covered the table with this table cloth, which I found at a yard sale for $5 bucks.  I love the detail.


The cornucopia came from a little shop in the town I work for $3.50, the cutting board is a lazy susan...found it for $5.00 at Christian Ministries, and the candles came from Ikea.
 


It's really funny because if I were to take you on a tour of my home, and you were to say, "Oh that's cute, where'd you get that...and that...or that?",  95% of my responses would be "Christian Ministries, Habitat, or a yard sale."  It's called being frugal...
 

 
 
Well I hope you enjoyed my fall tablescape and my apologies for not setting the table.  I have to utilize my time with the daylight wisely and when I got home from work, I knew I only had a few minutes to get pictures before the sun went down...
 
Oh yeah, I have bought a few real pumpkins and gourds...and no, they didn't come from Habitat...
 
...the farmer's market and across the street from Christian Ministries!
 

 
Happy Fall Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback...