Thursday, October 17, 2013

Hi Ho the Derry-o..To the Mountains We Go


Reason #217... why it is glorious to live in North Carolina... 

being wedged perfectly between the mountains and the sea... The best of both worlds!

This past weekend, the husband, Mama Skinny, me, and the 3 dogs loaded up for a day trip to the lovely Appalachian mountains.  And a lovely time it was.  We managed to cram in shopping, Chic-fil-a (twice), part of the Blue Ridge Parkway, a little hiking, apple picking, caramel-apple eating, a tiny bit of rock climbing, lots of picture taking, pumpkin swooning, and quit a bit of laughter and tears all in one marvelous Saturday.
  
The weather was perfect and so was the day.


My very sweet and patient husband handled my whining for a front porch full of Cinderella pumpkins and gourds, pulling over at Curiosity in Blowing Rock {check out there Facebook page here

This shop is full of things that make my heart flutter, and, if the owner would allow it, I would quite possibly move in.


Carriage House was out front with a gorgeous display of pumpkins and gourds...


And swoon I did...until I checked out the prices.....
...........Yeah....see...........


Goodness...how gorgeous are they though, seriously!  

Excuse me sir, I'll just take the whole trailer.  Do you mind hooking it up to me SUV?  Just add it to me tab...



Here are my sweet fellas, being such troopers...


And my new blogspot and facebook banner...  



Such serenity in little places like this...you can't miss His tender mercies and loving character when you spend moments basking in the goodness of the Creator...  I spent so much of the ride in awe of God's creation, and that was my prayer for this trip...

"Lord, I just wanna spend a day being in awe of You..."


This picture below is a blog post in itself...a hilarious story that would be better told over a warm cup of coffee and a few tissues... 

I'll save it for another day!


On our way home, we took the Parkway to The Historic Orchard at Altapass...

This place was booming!  Tons of apples, all the jams and jellies you can imagine, and a joyful little bluegrass band..


Crates filled with apples were a site for sore eyes...we're on our last jar of Apple Pie Filling and Apple Butter from last years trip...

We headed home with 4 pecks and a hankering for warm cobbler...

 
So, Blue Ridge Parkway, until next year when we meet again...I'll be resting up and dreaming of another jam-packed Saturday to spend with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback...