Thursday, October 30, 2014

28 Weeks and the Bump Transformation


Well my little man is just a growing…and dancing…and kicking… and I am loving every minute of this.  God has definitely blessed me with a wonderful pregnancy.  

I wanted to share my growth with y’all.  We started weekly pictures around Week 18 and I am so glad we did because it has been so much fun to look back and see what the belly looked like then and now.  


I just continue to praise and thank the Giver of Life.  Pregnancy has been a constant reminder of the miraculous God we serve.

A constant reminder of His love…

…and grace

…and mercy

…and desire to commune with His children

The past 28 weeks have called me to my knees countless times, in praise and thanksgiving, and also in prayer as my faults are magnified as I think of the huge responsibility I have to nurture this tiny human to grow and love Jesus with all of his being.  Ultimately, I know that where I fail, there is grace, and the opportunity to show and extend this God-like grace to my little one...and it will be a beautiful lesson.  

Not only do I fall to my knees for my own faults, but for this child that is being born into sin.  I know
that no matter how much I love the Lord, that choosing to make Jesus the Lord and Savior of my life does not pass down to my children… little man will have to make that decision for himself.  Choosing to accept the salvation that was made available at the cross isn’t something his mama, or daddy, or anyone else for that matter, can make happen.  It will one day be his decision.  

2 Corinthians 4:6 has been my heart’s cry, “For God, who said, “Let there be light in the darkness,” has made this light shine in our hearts so we could know the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ.”  I pray that out of His abundant grace and mercy, that the God of the Universe would shine the light of salvation into little man’s heart, so that he would know and grasp and understand the glory of God and would accept this gift of salvation and that Titus 3:4-7 would be his testimony, “But- when God our Savior revealed His kindness and love, he saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of His mercy.  He washed away our sins, giving us new birth and new life through the Holy Spirit.  He generously poured out the Spirit upon us through Jesus Christ our Savior.  Because of HIS GRACE He declared us righteous and gave us confidence that we will inherit eternal life.”  I pray that he would never be ashamed to tell others about the Lord (2 Timothy 1:7) and that he would pursue righteous living, faithfulness, love and peace, and enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts (2 Timothy 2:22).

There is so much more to this parent thing than I ever would have realized… and I am baffled yet humbled and honored that God has placed this call on my life.  I am not the least bit qualified, however, I serve the perfect Daddy, Abba Father… and I know that there’s no better place to start this parenting adventure than on my knees and in His Word, learning from His perfect example.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback...