Sunday, February 8, 2015

A Peak at the Nursery


So the big question since we announced that our family would be increasing by one, “Have you started on the nursery yet?  I bet it's going to be incredible!”   That was a lot of pressure!  Oh, and y'all, I didn't finish the nursery until after little man made his arrival, which, in my defense, was two weeks early!  



I had the hardest time coming up with a "theme" because I'm not the traditional "baby theme" kinda gal.  I'm in love with the walnut stained wood and vintage furniture pieces, the Aztec-tribal prints that are making their way around the blogosphere, and the woodland/adventure prints and decor. After spending too much time on Pinterest and Etsy,  I guess you could say my “theme” is outdoorsy meets woodland adventure with a dash of arrows and bravery.  


Once I decided this, I knew that I needed to paint some birch trees behind the crib.  This room was actually this color already,  Oyster Shell by Valspar.  I painted it shortly after we bought the house.  The room that is now the nursery started out as the hubby's office.  No worries, he didn't lose his office...we just moved it into a different room.


We found the crib at Walmart online...Baby Mod Marley...You can check it out here.  I was instantly smitten.  This was actually the first piece we bought for the nursery. 


I found the rug at Tuesday Morning for $49.99.  I hope you have a Tuesday Morning where you live.  It's a fantastic store..a lot like Marshalls or TJ Maxx.

Mama and I were scoping out the local thrift store where I found the dresser and make shift changing table...it was exactly what I was looking for. 


And mama found us a rocker at a neat little consignment.  This is how it started out...


And this is how it looks now.  This was my first "real" upholstery project.  I am certainly no pro and made lots of mistakes on this one but I'm pretty happy with the finished project.



So, what do you think?  I think it is by far one of my favorite rooms in the house right now.  It is still a work in progress so I will show the rest of the room to you once I have completed it.  Oh, and little man has to have a teepee at some point.  That might just be the next nursery project.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback...