Wednesday, October 3, 2012

My Latest "Chair"-Do



How did you like that pun?..."Chair"-Do

Oh Ha Ha Ha...

I found this beauty on the side of the road...of course, he wasn't as snazzy.  Just a plain, lonely, oak wood chair, left out on the side of the road... in the rain.  I am so happy that I stumbled upon him!

Funny thing is, I have had an idea for this project for about 2 months...and I was just waiting to find the perfect chair.  And there he was, just 5 doors down, waiting for me to bring him home and spruce him up!


I wiped the chair down and spray painted it black.  

Then I painted the pumpkin face onto the seat. 


It still needed a little something so I rummaged through the craft room.  

I found this piece of barn wood; perfect fit!

Painted Trick or Treat...Added some foliage and berries...Screwed it onto the chair and the rest is history. 


My "cooking" pumpkin and nice, green gourd.  

Love this time of year!

I have to tell you, I have never had trick-or-treaters before...I don't live in town or on a road with any children, in fact, I have very few neighbors at all...

And I don't even do the "halloween" thing... But the idea of giving out candy seems pretty fun!

So, with this chair, I went out on a limb...


Wouldn't this be great on the front porch as a greeter ?!

I think so!!

And after Halloween, I can switch out the sign...

Happy Favorite Time of the Year!

Featured Here:


Photobucket




Partied Here:


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback...